This article is part of our NFL Observations series.
That was the perfect capper to a weekend of terrible football. I had the Cardinals ATS and gambled on Kyler Murray in my NFFC postseason contest, so I'm probably drawing dead too.
- Murray was under a lot of pressure, but I kept thinking, "Calm down!" He was so herky-jerky, drilling short passes at receivers, hurrying his throws and not having a good sense of when to get rid of the ball. I love mobile quarterbacks, but Murray is too frenetic in or out of the pocket. He finally settled down midway through the third quarter, but by then it was too late.
- Matthew Stafford attempted only 17 passes, but played well.
- I love seeing Odell Beckham (4-4-54-1, 40-yard pass) playing well and being part of a winning team. He's a great player, and the Rams were incredibly lucky to pick him up on the cheap after Robert Woods went down.
- Cooper Kupp (7-5-61-1) didn't have a huge game, but he can't not produce. It's just not in his power to put up fewer than 15 PPR points.
- Both Sony Michel (13-58-0) and Cam Akers (17-55-0, 2-1-40-0) looked good. The Rams offense is peaking right now.
- The Division Round should be much better. All eight teams have a real chance now.